- Born and raised in Texas
- Has two sons
- Licensed Professional Counselor since 2018
- Counselor at Promises since 2015
- Ph.D in Counseling and Counseling Education, TCU, August 2020
- M.A. in Community Mental Health Counseling, Regent University, 2014
- M.Div., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1995
- B.A. in Communications, Baylor University, 1992
- Served as a college minister for two years
- Served with Christian International Organization in France for 10 years
My passion is to see people experience true change at the deepest levels. I believe that all of us are in the process of becoming who God always intended for us to be. I became a therapist because I am convinced that counseling can aid that process by helping us to work through the wounds and barriers that prevent us from growing. I consider it a sacred honor to walk alongside others as they do the hard work of moving forward and implementing change. To be a part of this healing process is one of the greatest joys of my life.
As a counselor, I see myself as a companion and a collaborator, someone who comes alongside clients for a season to support, encourage, and provide the tools necessary to take the next step. I practice counseling from a strengths-based, eclectic stance. I believe clients bring a unique perspective and set of resources to the table and as such require an approach tailored specifically to their experience. Theoretical orientations that inform my approach include emotion-focused, collaborative, narrative, and solution-focused.