- Grew up in East Texas
- One daughter
- LPC-Intern since July 2019
- Counselor at Promises since 2020
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Counseling, Southwestern Baptist Seminary, 2004
- B.S. in Psychology, minor Religion, Carson-Newman College, 1995
- 20 years at ACH Child and Family Services in various roles
- Currently Director of Youth and Family Services at ACH
Each of us have strengths, gifts, and resources that allow us to experience what God has for us. The gospel is the greatest gift; good news for weary travelers trying to find their way. When the gospel meets us, we can gain a greater understanding of how our story fits into God’s bigger story. I began my new story with God in 8th grade. The gospel continues to be good news all these years later. I work with families and individuals seeking to elicit strengths and resources to support the changes they want to experience in their lives. I utilize a strengths focused and solution oriented approach to help families connect resources to achieve desired change.
Wes has received education and training to work with children, adolescents, and families. He has over 20 years working with teens and families in a non-profit. He is a Trust-Based Relational Intervention® Practitioner utilizing TBRI® with families and teens since 2012. Areas of focus are family conflict, anxiety, depression, and anger.